Firefox and VM

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Dec 5 12:26:16 MST 2023

der.hans via PLUG-discuss said on Tue, 5 Dec 2023 18:48:33 +0000 (UTC)

>Am 29. Nov, 2023 schwätzte Steve B via PLUG-discuss so:
>
>moin moin Steve,
>
>I use debian lxc containers on a debian desktop for my containerized
>Firefox profiles.
>
>Mostly I just use many Firefox profiles ( usually have several Firefox
>instances running at a time ) on my desktop and make heave use of
>Firefox containers.
>
>I run unprivileged lxc containers as another user, then use ssh -Y to
>bring them up on my desktop. I'm probably causing a lot of overhead
>this way :).
>
>At Stammtisch a couple weeks ago Victor talked to me about Qubes. I've
>looked at Qubes a few times, but never played with it. He said it does
>a great job of isolating processes in VMs, even the desktop is a VMs.
>He got me interested in checking the project out again.
>
>https://www.qubes-os.org/intro/

moin moin der.hans,

I'm going to have to let Qubes slide until I get all my Flex/Bison
material finished, and until I get my HTML5/CSS course on a paying
basis. If Qubes gets generally accepted as an alternative, I'll invite
you to give a Qubes presentation at a GoLUG meeting, so I (and everyone
else) can learn the easy way.

Speaking of Flex/Bison, you wouldn't believe the progress both David
Billsbrough and I have made on the subject. I've assembled tens of key
understandings that are necessary to even start learning Flex/Bison,
such that at tomorrow's GoLUG meeting, anybody who listens to my
presentation will be in a position to learn Flex/Bison and Backus-Knaur
Format (BNF) in a straightforward manner with a minimum of frustration.
David Billsbrough's presentation (also tomorrow night right after mine)
gives the audience foundational truths about the nuts and bolts of
compiler making. It will be a night to remember.

Once again, the meeting is Wednesday, 12/6/2023, 7PM Eastern Standard
Time, at https://meet.jit.si/golug

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt