Firefox and VM

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Dec 5 11:48:33 MST 2023

Am 29. Nov, 2023 schwätzte Steve B via PLUG-discuss so:

moin moin Steve,

I use debian lxc containers on a debian desktop for my containerized
Firefox profiles.

Mostly I just use many Firefox profiles ( usually have several Firefox
instances running at a time ) on my desktop and make heave use of Firefox
containers.

I run unprivileged lxc containers as another user, then use ssh -Y to
bring them up on my desktop. I'm probably causing a lot of overhead this
way :).

At Stammtisch a couple weeks ago Victor talked to me about Qubes. I've
looked at Qubes a few times, but never played with it. He said it does a
great job of isolating processes in VMs, even the desktop is a VMs. He got
me interested in checking the project out again.

https://www.qubes-os.org/intro/

ciao,

der.hans

--
#  https://www.SpiralArray.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  So much shiny, so little time. -- der.hans