Slow Windows Box

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Wed Aug 2 11:36:33 MST 2023

Hi,

Okay this problem is resolved.

I contacted Dell to determine the type of RAM I should use because they
had installed DDR4-2666 while the CPU called for DDR4-2400.  Also the
CPU would handle 64 GB and Dell was saying the box could only address up
to 32 GB.

I bought 32GB of RAM and it arrived yesterday afternoon.

This morning I upgraded the box and it remained slow.  Yikes!!  The box
was pegging CPU usage at 100%.

Found a video from Dell.  Said to run the Support Assist.  I ran it and
it said it optimized my box.  It also said I had 6 drivers that need to
be upgraded.  Did the upgrades.

Still pegging CPU usage at 100%.

The Dell video said to change the power settings to a different setting
and watch to see if the CPU usage went down.  Tried several settings and
finally set it to power user and now CPU usage low.

The box is super fast!!

Thanks to everyone for your guidance!!

Keith