I'm wanting to get my son into computers....

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Oct 18 17:29:11 MST 2022

On Tue, 2022-10-18 at 14:27 -0400, Stephen Partington via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> Is there anything in computers he wants to learn to do? does he have an
> interest?
>
> without that, it is more than likely just spending time with dad.

I agree. Play catch with a football, rubber ball, baseball, or flying disc.

Something I did was to give my kids old hand-me-down desktops loaded with Ubuntu,
take it or leave it. Thus Linux was their first OS, and they learned to navigate it
very well. Of course, when they needed laptops for college, those laptops were
windows, so they went over to the dark side and never came back. But at least they
don't believe all the fake news about Linux --- they know what Linux is.

SteveT