In need of some info

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Oct 18 05:28:42 MST 2022

On Tue, 2022-10-18 at 01:42 -0700, Phil Waclawski wrote:
> Kate or gedit  are solid text editors for Linux, which are very like
> notepad++ which is a good text editor for windows
> Notepad on windows really shouldn't  be used for anything anymore
> Phil W

I can't use Kate because I kicked KDE and all its libraries and executables off my
computer almost a decade ago. I just tried gedit and it's the perfect simple
intuitive editor.

By the way, I re-tried Nano and it's not that bad. If I didn't know Vim or Emacs (I
actually don't know Emacs), and if I were in a pure no-X CLI environment where I
couldn't use gedit, Nano would be fine. Heck, it's a lot like Wordstar.

SteveT