Unable to access Proxmox via browser

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Fri Nov 18 18:22:12 MST 2022

Hi,

Was able to install Proxmox.

- Can log into Proxmox directly.
- Can ssh from my desktop into the Proxmox machine.
- Can Not access via Chrome and FireFox

Firefox says :

Unable to connect

An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.1.5.

     The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in
a few moments.
     If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network
connection.
     If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the web.

- - -

Chrome says :

This site can’t be reached 192.168.1.5 refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

- - - -

"ip a" on the Proxmox returns 192.168.1.5

Tried to run "netstat -an | grep 8006" on the Proxmox box  : which
returns netstat: command not found.

Ran: "apt install net-tools" returns message unable to locate package
net-tools.

On the Proxmox box I ran "ufw status" which returned command not found.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Keith