Ubuntu moving to rolling releases

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sat Mar 26 20:52:12 MST 2022

This is interesting news - ubuntu moving to rolling releases.

https://www.neowin.net/news/ubuntu-becomes-a-rolling-release-with-rolling-rhino/

This is largely what drove me to using arch, as every release upgrade of
ubuntu was a goddamn nightmare, and haven't really considered ubuntu
outside of purpose-built (and destructible) vm servers since.  My love of
arch is not without issues, upgrades can be painful at times too unless
you're the kind to reboot often and upgrade weekly, but just isn't how I
work, so interested how ubuntu fares with the rolling releases.

-mb