Dell problems

Jim azanorak at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 20:24:44 MST 2022

On 2/17/22 07:47, Stephen Partington via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> For the ethernet adapter, I would check and see if a bootable thumb
> drive has the same behavior. This may be a hardware-related issue and
> ruling that out might be a good first step.
I rebooted using a bootlable USB stick and the network wasn't there. I
rebooted again into the same one and the network was there. I've seen
several USB ethernet adapters for less than $15 on Amazon.  I guess I'll
get one of those.

> Were there any recent kernel or system updates that would have
> affected how your drives are identified? Bios setting?
The system presents me with updates almost every day,  but I'm guessing
I can rule them out since the problem persists when I booted from a
PartedMagic iso I've had for several months.  Thanks.