McDonald's unveils first automated location

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Sat Dec 31 10:54:21 MST 2022

I know this is antidotal....  My Experience.

I was not going any place too fast so my father told me to enlist.  I
joined the Marine Corps.  That one move has paid dividends all my life.
After I got out people actually took me serious.

My first semester at college I worked full-time 10p-6a and went to
school during the day.  Later I became a police officer and went to
school during the day and rotated between evening shift and mid-night
shift. Working mid-night shift and attending college during the day was
hard.  After I completed an AAS I quite my police job to go to the
University full-time.  I was a step 2 Sergeant (supervisor).

Quitting my job to go to the University was the single worst decision I
have ever made. Everything I needed to know I learned at the JC, with
the exception of one junior level economics class.

For years I tried to pull myself up by my bootstraps and they broke
every time.  I was trying to pull myself up.  I was not expecting anyone
to do that for me.

Here are my thoughts.  Nothing is free.. had an econ prof that used to
say there are no free lunches... it might be free to you but someone
paid for it.

I'm a high school dropout that dropped back in.

Life is not easy.  Don't have money for school?  Go to work for a
college or university that gives free tuition for their employees or
maybe you can be like me and join the military and get the GI Bill.

I'm glad our forefathers were willing to endure and did not quietly
quit.  There are stories they were out in the freezing cold fighting for
our freedom while only having rags on their feet because some or maybe
many did no have shoes.  Some lost their lives and some lost their
fortunes.

What about those hardcore folks that left the east to travel west with
only a wagon and some personal possessions.  No one paid them.  They
endured hardship because of a promise of a better life.

I think as a society we have gotten soft.

I think one of you retired from the Navy.  I was not in the Navy however
I know they make a lot of sacrifices.  There are people in our military
that make lots of sacrifices.

I feel bad for that aged lady I saw working at McDonalds 20 years ago.
For everyone else who is working there I am happy for them and hope they
find their way.

For me, in my youth, I was grateful for the minimum wage jobs I was able
to work at.

My opinion is a job at McDonalds is not a career job and if you think it
is your selling yourself short.  These are starter jobs and if one does
not like minimum wage then go build some skills.

If things become too east people will not rise to their potential.

Again as a country we have become soft.

Keith