Why I hate updates ... Thanks to you all !!

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 13:09:24 MST 2021

I am more than willing to help with this one. Let me know what budget, use
case needs, and any remaining wants/preferences (size, etc) and I would be
more than willing to get you parts that you can order and I can then build.
or at least get you links to applicable deals on pre-built systems to meet
your needs.

And yes, I offer this because I miss building computers.

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 12:13 PM joe--- via PLUG-discuss <
plug-discuss at lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:

> Thanks to you all !!
>
> The system is working again (mostly).
>
> All of the tips are tremendously valuable and
> much appreciated !!
>
> I would still like to "hire" someone to help
> me build a new system because I am 81 now and
> I just can't remember how to do everything that
> I need to do (with my computers mainly).
>
> I rsync back up most of my system to 3 other
> newer Thinkpads about weekly, but I can't get
> any of the newer systems to do things that my old
> Mint 17.2 system is able to do.
>
> I rely on multiple desktops with different screen
> backgrounds on each one (so I know where I am ;)
> but I don't know of any system other than Mint 17
> that can do that. And now that capability is gone
> from my Mint 17 system as a result of the last update.
>
> Frustrating.

> On 2021-03-13 3:34 pm, Joseph Sinclair wrote:
> > Joe,
> >   I would recommend running a couple simple cleanups to get some space
> > back for now.
> > Keep in mind this will be a temporary fix; you will run out of space
> > again fairly quickly if you cannot remove some programs or otherwise
> > permanently clear some space on the root partition.

Stephen