Why I hate updates ... Thanks to you all !!

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Sun Mar 14 11:48:50 MST 2021

Thanks to you all !!

The system is working again (mostly).

All of the tips are tremendously valuable and
much appreciated !!

I would still like to "hire" someone to help
me build a new system because I am 81 now and
I just can't remember how to do everything that
I need to do (with my computers mainly).

I rsync back up most of my system to 3 other
newer Thinkpads about weekly, but I can't get
any of the newer systems to do things that my old
Mint 17.2 system is able to do.

I rely on multiple desktops with different screen
backgrounds on each one (so I know where I am ;)
but I don't know of any system other than Mint 17
that can do that. And now that capability is gone
from my Mint 17 system as a result of the last update.

Frustrating.