https://www.zerohedge.com/political/59-million-americans-prohibited-buying-high-end-dell-gaming-pcs

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Jul 28 01:13:09 MST 2021

Eric Oyen via PLUG-discuss said on Tue, 27 Jul 2021 22:53:09 -0700

>So, guys, nice little debate we all got snagged into here because of
>some state regulations that would prevent nearly 60 million people
>from owning technologies that would make their lives more convenient.
>Regulations put in place by politicians who know nothing of real
>science and are trying to kiss up to china. Now, where does that leave
>us?

It leaves us with 60 million people who can't game quite as hard. Boo
hoo hoo.

What's this fascination with China that you all have? China uses the
energy equivalent of 27,018 million barrels of oil for 1394 million
people, equalling 19.4 barrels per person. The US uses the equivalent of
18,684 million barrels and has 328 million people, equaling 56.9
barrels per person.

So here's the question: If some country using almost triple the energy
per person than your country says *you* are the problem and should cut,
and they won't do squat until you cut, what would you say to them?

You ask where it leaves us. Hey, if you're 60 years old, it leaves you
having lived a pretty fun life. If you're 20 years old, it leaves you
with a very hard (and probably considerably foreshortened) second half
of your life. If you were just born today, by the time you graduate
college, the world will be rife with climate refugees and water wars,
and by the time you're 50, if you last that long, the population
decline will be brutal and pretty universal except for the very rich.
All because everybody in 2021 said the other guy should cut his
emissions first.

One more thing: Some friends of mine ran the numbers and according to
them the California computer energy standards aren't as strict as those
of the EU.

I feel not a bit of sorrow for the 60 million potential gamers who play
at a slight disadvantage, if they play at all. I feel sorry for their
grandchildren.

SteveT

Steve Litt