VPN on virtual machine

Jim jim.nantz15 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 19 14:15:05 MST 2018

Today I tried one last time before giving up.  I installed kubuntu 14.04
on a virtual machine.  I configured the vpn and connected.  Then I
launched ktorrent and opened the ubuntu 18.04 torrent.  It immediately
connected to 119 seeders out of 3052. Download speeds varied between
2.75 and 4 MBps.  Using virtualbox's shared folders option, I've mounted
the folder where I have files downloaded to on the host machine in the
guest.  So anything Ktorrent saves, it saves on the host.  Thanks
Michael Butash for the idea of using a virtual machine to handle bittorrent.

I have no idea what I did that made it work this time, but I won't
complain.  Thanks to all for your input.