Linux Mint Cinnamon

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu Sep 6 21:33:59 MST 2018

I don't think you can do separate backgrounds in cinnamon actually.  KDE
seems fairly unique in allowing you to set them up like that.

This is an annoyance of mine as well going between kde and anything else.
KDE actually used to annoy me greatly, as I bought access to
digitalblaphemy.com high-res 11520x2160 artwork, which works grandly on
cinnamon for some truly majestic background imagery using 48" 4k monitors
as a desktop.  On kde, I had to chunk them up in gimp, array them as
individual images, and then kde would always shuffle the order every time I
woke up my monitors in the morning, not to mention all my windows (one of
many multi-mon issues with kde I have).

I always greatly wished kde would offer an option for a single image across
all, particularly when it screws it up trying to be cool in the process.

-mb