rackspace.com hosted email

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Mon Aug 27 09:39:00 MST 2018

On 2018-08-26 22:04, Duncan Multi-Media wrote:
> They just want regular hosted email accounts attached to their
> domain. I'm not interested is hosting email accounts and suggested
> Google Apps, but they are asking about rackspace ($2 vs $5).

A mini rackspace VPS is about $14/month.  If you have more than 7
users, it might be worth it to run your own mail swerver.  I run
postfix, courier-imap, and roundcube on a rackspace VPS.  Works fine,
has been working for about 10 years.  Not many problems with mail
getting dropped on the floor or anything.  I don't get much mail at this
address or send much mail from this address, though that's going to
change.

rackspace used to have a serious problem with spammers.  They may have
fixed this in recent years.  If they have, then it might work fine to
use their mail service.  It seems kind of expensive to me though.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity