Anyone here run their own email server for personal use?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Dec 18 23:39:08 MST 2017

Am 16. Dec, 2017 schwätzte Steven so:

> On the subject of self-hosting your own email server, do any of the
> self-hosting webmail options offer gmail style tagging?

Do you mean sub-addressing ( user+string at gmail.com ) or virtual mailboxes
where mailboxes are really tags rather than folders?

Any worthwhile SMTP server should support the former. I recommend using a
period rather than a plus sign if you've got a brand new setup. If period
is unacceptable for some reason, then a dash. Too many stupid web forms
refuse to allow plus in an email address :(.

If you mean virtual folders, then dovecot say it'll handle it, but I've
never gotten around to it.

https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Virtual

https://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailboxSettings

ciao,

der.hans

--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "so now the US army is sacrificing goats" -- Alice Cooper, 15Sep2004