Mastodon

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Apr 18 11:13:24 MST 2017

Am 18. Apr, 2017 schwätzte Herminio Hernandez, Jr. so:

moin moin,

> I would say it is a twitter clone. I do not know why it has picked up
> popularity recently. Ikey over at the Solus project thinks it is a reaction
> to the fear that Google+ might go away.

As I understand, it's a fork of the status.net code that used to run
identi.ca.

identi.ca moved to Evan's new framwork, pump.io.

Is Mastadon compatible with GNUsocial?

ciao,

der.hans

> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 10:58 AM, Matthew Crews <mattcrews at mattcrews.com>
> wrote:
>
>> How is Mastodon different from Diaspora, or for that matter the myriad of
>> other, small, social networks not named Facebook or Google+?

#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  "I interviewed Jonathan Winters once in the late '80s, it was as if he were
#  narrating a hallucination that I didn't see." -- Terry Gross, 03Aug2006