Wow... Unity, Mir, Ubuntu phone/tablet all going bye bye

Nathan plug-discuss at nmecs.com
Fri Apr 7 09:30:13 MST 2017

On 2017-04-06 13:17, Jerry Snitselaar wrote:

> Is there a link to this? Seeing as the gnome project seems to get along
> with every other distro I'm not sure the problem was on their end.

I don't have a link nor the time to find one. I google'd it and didn't
find anything. I do find it funny you say the gnome project seems to get
along with every other distro. Every time there is an announcement about
a new version of Gnome there are always so many people complaining that
the developers are chasing their own ideas and not listening to the
users.

I realize some changes were made, and with plugins Gnome can be made to
act in a sane manner the way users actually want, but I think this only
proves what the people are saying. If the Gnome developers were
listening to their userbase we wouldn't have to use plugins to make the
desktop behave the way we want, it would actually behave the way we
want...

--
Regards,

Nathan