Software defined radio?

Parabellum7 parabellum7 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 15 00:52:36 MST 2016

Hi Steve,

I'm using an older dongle from rtl-sdr.com, it does 24 MHz to ~1.8 GHz.
I added a heat sink and mounted in a shielded enclosure and it works
pretty good. The new version 3 they have does HF and is supposed to work
even better. Reviews I've seen indicate it works well. They're only
about $20.

There's also the sdr-play for about $150 or less, it has a higher
sampling rate and covers 10 kHz to 2GHz. rtl-sdr.com has reviews on the
various SDR's available.

As for using it in Linux, I've created a guide for that.

https://ranous.wordpress.com/rtl-sdr4linux/

It's a lot fun if you like radio & computers, definitely worth the $20.

--Kenn