HP software now self-destructs in printers

Vara La Fey varalafey at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 17:32:05 MST 2016

Hey Michael, thanks for all the info. Being as I'm not ON Linux yet, I'm
going to save this for when I am.

Not Realtek, it's Conexant. Prolly about the same. But def not a driver
issue; drivers don't touch the problem whether generic or not, new or
old. It's def something HP and or MS did. I've given up. Weeks ago I
posted the Q on MS tech-whatever, and haven't heard a peep. The
knowledge of how to fix it is buried and forgotten like the Statue of
Liberty in Planet of the Apes. And maybe for the same reason....

I dunno what the high-end people do - well, they use Macs. Don't need a
patchbay, I just demo my stuff living-room style so I have something to
show to other musicians to get the idea of my songs. But that step is
crucially important to me. Today I started tracking guitar, which I
don't really play and couldn't hear, of course, due to someome's
malfeasance. Just have to guess whether the track is good enough as I
go, and then review later, and punch in if needed.

No doubt Linux makes hardware specs avail better than LOSEdows does; I
can't find jack poopie about the soundcard, and I've been through all
the LOSEdows info thises and info thats.

When my old Pavilion breaks, I might take that dust-gatherer if its
issues aren't too horrible.  :-)

- Vara