Hiring off shore

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Nov 11 18:37:48 MST 2016

On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 13:19:53 -0700
Keith Smith <techlists at phpcoderusa.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a PHP programmer and I have a knack for Internet marketing.
>
> Say I decide to build a lead site or cultivate leads from the greater
> phoenix area.  Projects you may qualify for.  Then I hire an off
> shore developer.  I pay this off shore developer $12 - $15 an hour
> while charging my client $100 or more an hour.  I line my pockets
> with $85 plus and hour.

These two articles may shed some light on alternatives to substituting
H1-Bs for American workers:

*
  http://www.cio.com/article/3132107/hiring/how-to-improve-your-odds-of-landing-great-talent.html

*
  http://www.infoworld.com/article/3138971/developer/self-taught-3-keys-to-acing-the-coding-interview.html

The second article might also help displaced American developers get
back on the horse.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2016 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz