H1B Visa

David Schwartz newsletters at thetoolwiz.com
Tue Nov 8 10:46:22 MST 2016

More propaganda from right-wing pro-corporate anti-American talking heads about a topic they are ill-informed about.

(Most Americans have no clue about US immigraion laws.)

The recent Defense Appropriations Budget opened the floodgates to H-1B visas, thanks to non-stop lobbying from large US tech firms like Microsoft, Oracle, Apple, Dell, etc.

I saw something a while back on cable channel that covers congress, and it was a public meeting of some sort about H-1B issues. Representatives from Microsoft, HP, and some huge consulting firm.

One interesting thing they all agreed upon was that their budget for prosecuting each H-1B visa was $50k. This was ONLY for the legal fees! Then there was salary, benefits, relocation, and later on the legal fees and relocation expenses for their family members.

Forget about annual salaries for a minute, which I don’t believe are really that much lower for people residing here in America and awaiting permanent residency (green cards).

Here’s what job offers for US Citizens would look like if they were comparable to H-1B offers:

* $50k hiring bonus (used for legal fees)
* Full relocation (from overseas, way more expensive than even across country in USA)
* Guaranteed job for 6-10 years (how long it takes for green cards to issue)
* Guaranteed on-the-job training for whatever new projects these people are destined to fill during their 6-10 year tenure
* Full relocation to other cities that might have projects these people can fill to keep employed
* Tacit agreement to never complain, never file any kind of labor actions or lawsuits against the company for any reason at all

So what if they get paid $10-$20k lower annual salaries?

Would YOU accept a job with these “benefits” for a slightly lower salary like this???

-David Schwartz