H1B Visa

Alan Dayley adayley at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 10:49:12 MST 2016

I hear "We struggle to find candidates" all the time. I don't hear "We are
creating, supporting and sustaining a system that creates candidates." In
the Fortune 500 and other large companies in which I work, investing in
training and in the people is extremely rare, no matter what the recruiters
and websites of the companies may say.

Part of the problem with H1B is that companies see such people and
outsourcing as a short cut to getting work done. They don't choose to
invest in growing the skills of employees. This is changing, though. More
and more companies are shifting away from contractors and to employees, as
step in the right direction. Such moves to make as many headlines.

Alan