second monitor

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Fri Nov 4 15:46:05 MST 2016

On 2016-11-04 14:30, Matt Graham wrote:
> On 2016-11-04 14:05, Michael wrote:
>> I plug my TV into the HDMI port to put the screen on the tv. It
>> doesn't do it correctly....
> Something like "xrandr --output HDMI-0 --same-as DVI-0"?

Probably better:  "xrandr --output HDMI-0 --mode NNNxMMM --same-as
DVI-0" where NNNxMMM is the native resolution of your DVI-0.  Assuming
that the TV has more pixels than your primary monitor here--if not, then
you'll probably have to do something like "--scale-from NNNxMMM" instead
of --mode.

> You can fix this in 2 ways:  Go into your TV's settings and set it to
> "PC mode", or on your computer, "xrandr --output HDMI-0 --set
> underscan true".

That should be "--set underscan on".  Sigh,

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity