More dysfunctional Ubuntu-isms

Michael Butash mike at butash.net
Wed Nov 2 18:38:24 MST 2016

So yet another chapter of ubuntu-isms begins in my life, trying to
install on my new desktop.  Step 1 defeat, their server install won't
even boot with a 16.04.1 server disk.  Internal cdrom or external usb
cdrom, no usb thumbdrive.

Then tried a 16.04.1 desktop installer for kubuntu, which got into
setup, but proceeded to just lock up indefinitely at the drive setup
screen, twice.

This is really why I have a hate/love relation with ubuntu, it never
fails to disappoint.  My road to 16.04 has been all upgrades so far,
this time I'm using 16.04.1 cd's from scratch.

I really don't want to have to make a circle of distro's to end up back
here again, but ubuntu is always so basically dysfunctional these days
with the most basic things, it's hard to want to care.

I wonder how much others have seen this.  This is with legacy boot in
bios, no uefi crap, and just a basic d-i based ubuntu server install,
and/or kubuntu.

-mb