CentOS 7 install

koder iscreamkid at gmail.com
Wed May 18 12:37:27 MST 2016

Centos 7 install partitioning.

I am trying to install CentOS 7 on the second hard drive on my system
I have tried installing with both hard drives plugged in, and just the
second drive.

I am installing from a USB drive that has the full 9 GB load on it.
The installer keeps telling me I have incorrectly specified.

I check that I want to set the partitions
I click on the arrow that points to the 1000.01 GB partition on my
secondary drive

I tried setting / as the mount point.
I also have tried sdb and sdb4 or sdb5
I clicked on the + for add a partition, tried to add / as the mount point.

I know that somehow I am to set up a swap partition, but have yet to get
that as an option.

I don't want to walk over either the Windows load, or the Mint load.

This is a list of my drive partitions as presented by the Di9sk Utility:

The first hard drive has a Windows 7 load, and CentOS 6
The second drive has Mint 17

This is the listings of my partitions

1.0 TB Primary drive
    41 Gb  Dell Utility
    26 GB Recovery
    83 GB NTFS

    Extended 891 GB
       524 MB Centos 6
       891 GB LVM 2

3.0 TB Secondary Drive
    215 GB Mint 17

    Extended 2.0 TB
       1.1 TB ext4
       537 GB ext4
       374 GB ext4

    Free 802 GB

The online tutorials pretty much seem to be designed for setting up
CentOS on the whole system.

I appreciate any guidance.