Dell RAM limit

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Sat Mar 5 18:58:01 MST 2016

Thanks Stephen!!

I think I read on the mobo that the slot is pci-express x16 pci-express
2.0. So I would need another mobo to run the 750.  I think a cheap low
power video card will do it for me and upgrading to 16GB of RAM will get
me where I need to go.  I'm not a gamer and I do little video / image
processing.  I mostly spend my time programming.  The computer spends
most of it's time waiting on me.  Even if I had 3 virtual machines
running all at once 2 will be fully idle and one will be idle most of
the time.

Having said that I am hoping this really is as far as I need to go.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like a souped up machine....  That might be the
one I build in a couple years.

On 2016-03-05 10:17, Stephen Partington wrote:
> The 750 should be ok with the 300w.
>
> Also what you can do is keep the parts and swap a motherboard that
> will match.
> On Mar 4, 2016 6:41 PM, "Keith Smith" <techlists at phpcoderusa.com>
> wrote:
>
>> That looks like a rockin' card. I only have a 300 watt power
>> supply though. I need something that will drive 2 monitors and
>> draws limited power.
>>
>> On 2016-03-04 17:39, Brian Cluff wrote:
>> On 03/04/2016 03:49 PM, Keith Smith wrote:
>> Any suggestions on a cheap PCI video card that can drive 2
>> monitors?
>> I'll be running Linux on this box.
>>
>> Get this one... it's a great video card for a relatively low price,
>> at
>> least 6X the speed of any of the cards you listed and it's got 768
>> CUDA cores, which can come in handy with a lot of software these
>> days:
>>

> http://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-DisplayPort-Graphics-ZT-70605-10M/dp/B00KHUE0MC
>> [1]
>>
>> Brian Cluff