Keypass questions

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Thu Jul 28 01:25:14 MST 2016

I do use Lastpass, fortunately I do not use the Firefox client affected by the latest issue, which has already been patched (One thing Lastpass has done well is security response and patching).
I don't store everything there, but I do store some things there for various reasons (mostly needing to use them on idiotic sites that actively block copy/paste).

I store absolutely everything in encrypted databases (multiple small files for performance and separation) (not keepass, mono is too much of a pig to run on my desktops).
The encrypted files (never decrypted to anything but RAM, and that's overwritten with 0's in the program as quickly as possible) are stored in a DVCS (e.g. git, mercurial, DARCS, Bazaar, etc...) that I sync via it's normal repo synchronization.  I gain the advantage of "oops" recovery as well with the version history.
The repo is NEVER online, however, just filesystem-to-filesystem "remote" sync.

Nothing's perfect, but the amount of work needed to get past the encryption should vastly exceed the rather low value of what's stored there (in my case).