PFA: home computers have no "reasonable expectation of privacy"

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at icloud.com
Mon Jul 11 23:42:46 MST 2016

good lucl getting a password out of me. If I had the option like I do on the iPhone, I could set it up so that so many retries would erase the system. Most machines today have the TPM unit on board, so that can be used. With enough security in place, hacking or cracking just ceases to be worth the effort. Now all that needs be done is hardening the OS and the network stack.

-eric of the Technomage Guild.