Permissions

Snyder, Alexander alex at misteralexander.com
Sun Jan 17 17:32:44 MST 2016

By default, storage devices that are plugged into the system mount
automatically in the /media/<username> directory.

Open terminal ...

USER=$(whoami)

sudo find /media/"$USER" -type f -name '*.m4a' -exec chown "$USER":"$USER"
'{}' \;

<enter your superuser password>

Should resolve any ownership issues.

I hope that helps.