Recommended laserjet repair.

Matt Birkholz matt at birchwood-abbey.net
Mon Jan 11 09:08:03 MST 2016

> From: Mark Phillips <mark at phillipsmarketing.biz>
> Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 17:03:55 -0700
>
> When my printer has an issue I do the following -
>
> 1. Google a repair video [...]
>
> 2. Donate the printer [...]
>
> Good luck!

Thanks.  I took it apart (as much as intended for regular servicing)
and cleaned up the black toner (yes, with a vacuum!), gambled $50 on a
new black developer unit, and am getting clean prints again.  I hope I
have not jinxed it, boasting here (thumbing my nose at Chaos!) but I
hope for another 5 years.  Sorry: no video.

A good idea though -- the repair videos.  Thanks.

Throw away $400 every 2 years?  Not in this house.

Happy Procrastination Monday Morning, everyone!