restore with rsync or fix window manager

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 19:30:09 MST 2016

I was just going to enter the rsync text
('rsync -aWq /media/bmike1/RedSanDisk /home/bmike1/Documents')
into a terminal ((I verified this goof only affects this user) when I
realized I wasn't sure I had all of the nuances and I wanted to make sure I
got it down right before I really screwed tings up. First: Here is the
directory and file of the backup:

bmike1 at MikesBeast ~ $ ls  /media/bmike1/RedSanDisk
Documents

Second: the rsync manpage talks about the trailing slash changing the
behavior of the way it copies. I don't understand.

'rsync -aWuq --delete-before /home/bmike1/Documents
/media/bmike1/RedSanDisk'

seems to copy it the way I want. Does the slash affect the way it copies it
back. Or else what does it do?