swapiness

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Tue Jan 5 11:55:42 MST 2016

You are trying to write "vm.swappiness=10" directly to the swappiness
settings.
If that is what you are trying to do, do it like this:

echo 10 >/proc/sys/vm/swappiness

I suspect that what you really want to do is write it to a config file
so that it is automatically set every time you boot.  In that case do:

echo vm.swappiness=10 >/etc/sysctl.d/99-swappiness.conf
sysctl -p /etc/sysctl.d/99-swappiness.conf

The last line just loads the settings, you could also just reboot.

Brian Cluff