cyanogen/LineageOS phone recommendations

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Dec 28 13:46:21 MST 2016

Am 28. Dec, 2016 schwätzte Stephen Partington so:

moin moin,

I had completely forgotten about the dual-persona options.

I still don't want to use it in this case as I absolutely don't trust the
particular app vendors.

Still, multi-persona might be useful for some other projects and
potentially for work in the future. I will also investigate it for
emergency use.

Thanks for the links!

ciao,

der.hans

> Ubuntu phones are not ignoring the US Carriers, the carriers were the ones
> who are basically ignoring the Ubuntu Phones.
>
> There is a concept of the work/home split in android so you could split the
> two, apps and everything.
>
> https://www.android.com/work/
> http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/03/a-review-of-android-for-work-dual-persona-support-comes-to-android/
>

> On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Anon Anon <lokotejones at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I want an Ubuntu phone so bad I cannot stand it. It seems impossible to
>> find any information about it and US carriers seem completely ignored.
>>
>> I would just recommend buying the barest of bones and cheapest android
>> phone you can use for work and put as little data as possible about you
>> personally on it.
>>
>> Why waste time and money on a work phone? Just my 2 cents.
>>
>> On Dec 28, 2016 12:52 PM, "Stephen Partington" <cryptworks at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The Samsung J7 is actually a good price point. As is the Moto G. and they
>>> are popular enough to have some XDA love http://forum.xda-developers.co
>>> m/galaxy-j7

>>> --
>>> A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from
>>> rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
>>>
>>> Stephen

#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
#  "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who
#  are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
#    --Albert Einstein