KDE !fullscreen

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Dec 21 10:05:42 MST 2016

Am 20. Dec, 2016 schwätzte Brian Cluff so:

moin moin,

that worked for the site that was annoying me yesterday. I would still
like to have a way to tell KDE to never allow fullscreen when opening a
new window.

"Open new windows in a new tab instead" is checked in Firefox, but this
link gets a new window anyway :(. Having that option work properly would
have also fixed the current annoyance.

ciao,

der.hans

> Have you tried playing with some custom window settings for those particular
> apps?  You should be able to force whatever window settings you want on them
> and get them to do exactly what you would like automatically in the future.
> If you can't find it, I can show you where the settings are at Stammtisch
> tonight.
>
> Brian Cluff
>
> On 12/20/2016 12:30 PM, der.hans wrote:
>> moin moin,
>>
>> I have a couple work apps ( some web, some standalone ) that insist on
>> opening full screen. Is there a way to disable that in KDE?
>>
>> The only reason a normal app should go fullscreen is if I intentionally
>> change it to fullscreen. Autofullscreen is really annoying and
>> distracting.
>>
>> I currently don't care about other desktop environments. In fact, moving
>> to KDE is how I permanently disabled fullscreen in Unity :).
>>
>> ciao,
>>
>> der.hans

#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.PhxLinux.org/
# To us former windows users, linux IS an easter egg :) I cant remember
# how many times i said to myself "i can do that?" -- BoBB