Arch migration (success!!)

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Tue Dec 20 15:28:52 MST 2016

Not overly familiar with the macs, but as long as it has a real usb3 or
higher port, I'd consider something like this externally to your 2 internal
spinners, usb 3+ to m.2/nvme drive adapter:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=
9SIA54G3RY3726&cm_re=m.2_usb-_-9SIA54G3RY3726-_-Product

Usb3 is 3-4 gigabit practical speed in theory and should sustain decent
enough i/o to make use of that.  If it's new enough to have a thunderbolt
3/usb3.1 connection, those are supposedly 10 gigabit capable for roughly 2x
the throughput.

Maybe Eric should head to west texas and sue them for infringement, with
Oyen Tech.  ;)

This looked nifty too for thunderbolt3/usb3.1...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817245003&cm_re=m.2_usb-_-17-245-003-_-Product

-mb