H1B Visa

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Dec 10 20:56:17 MST 2016

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 09:51:44 -0700
Keith Smith <techlists at phpcoderusa.com> wrote:

> I had dinner with a couple guys from a programming agency last
> night. The senior owner is about 55 and the junior owner is about
> 35.  I'm guessing they make exceptionally good money.  What was the
> mix that made them successful?  Skills, personality, an hard work.
> They both attended college, developed some in demand skills, with a
> little luck and hard work they are doing very well.

These two guys are one anecdote.

Your life story is another anecdote. A few anecdotes don't prove
anything. There are always people who can overcome obstacles. But
today's obstacles are much more difficult for the average person to
overcome.

Except for the 82/83 recession, the 70's and 80's you remember as
difficult were paradise compared to the world faced by the last decade
of high school grads.

My assertions can be born out by statistics on cost of living,
unemployment, and real wages, broken out by age group. It's not hard to
find.

The shame is, a higher minimum wage and a few other minor tweaks could
have fixed these problems enough to stay on a stable course.

This is tired and offtopic. There's no convincing you that life isn't
an endless meritocracy: I won't try further. Just don't come crying
to me if the nation you love and fought for disintegrates. It would
have been pretty easy to prevent with a stitch in time.

SteveT