H1B Visa

George Toft george at georgetoft.com
Wed Dec 7 07:18:19 MST 2016

Jumping a little late . .

"So what if they get paid $10-$20k lower annual salaries?" <-- not even
close where I work.  How about $60-80K lower?

My employer pays Tata Consulting $66K/year for DBA's.  They keep 1/3 so
the H1B worker gets $44K.  That's $22/hr - soon to be just double
minimum wage.  This H1B worker usually comes with a Master's Degree in
Computer Science or similar.

Find me one American with a Graduate Degree in Science willing to work
for $22/hr.  Yes, the struggle is real to find talent [that will work
for peanuts].  Almost everyone I know makes more than that, except those
in the fast-food industry.  So where's the incentive to get a degree?

I call it "exploitation."

Regards,

George Toft