Alternative FS OS Installs (btrfs, zfs)

Stephen Partington cryptworks at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 13:23:45 MST 2016

So I have boot on the SSD and swap on the HDD then the rest of the SSD is
lcmcache pool. And the spinner is my main drive as a single partition. So
far this has worked nicely but there are time when you do some big writes
you feel the fact there is a spinner under the hood. I could likely resolve
this by playing with write cache settings. But the way I am using this its
not usually an issue.

Definitely see a big change on commonly used files vs infrequently used
files.