The Desktop is right again!

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Wed Apr 20 10:50:08 MST 2016

I had a lot of issues with 3 monitors and recently found most of the
problems went away after hard coding an xorg.conf file the exact way I
wanted it set up. Seems KDE has some problems recognizing the
primary/preferred screen.

-- what AMD are you using? I run Nvidia because I have grown to despise
AMD and the horrible performance from its drivers and any desktop I've
used. Right now I'm running a 760 and looking to upgrade. I'm trying to
be patient because I would really like more than 3.5gb of ram, which
makes the 3{8,9}0x very intriguing... but I'm really not interested in
opening windows and watching the black window slowly draw in again,
amidst a myriad of other graphical glitches.

TDE does have some compositing built into it, and it appears to be
greatly updated over what I remember being available in 3.x at the time.
But it is also easily "turn-off-able"(tm)

--Nathan