To Tux or not to Tux

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Tue Apr 19 13:03:57 MST 2016

Oh, yes, redundancy, not striping - raid 1.  Been a while since thinking
about raid, opps.

One goes boom, the system still boots and has a copy of your stuff,
hopefully telling you in a useful way to replace the one that died.
Expect the ssd to die.

That asus laptop with the uefi bios actually shipped with 2x 256gb ssd's
in raid-0 oddly, so one dies, it all goes poof.  Weird to see that on a
consumer device, but I redid it as redundant raid-1.  My current dell
latitude

-mb