compile python

Michael bmike1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 05:14:03 MST 2016

the os on the pi is raspbian  so the package manager is apt. When you say
to add a repo do you mean the ppa but not to add it as a ppa but just to
add it as a regular repository? instead of :

sudo add-apt-repository -y
https://launchpad.net/~fkrull/+archive/ubuntu/deadsnakes-python2.7

add:

https://launchpad.net/~fkrull/+archive/ubuntu/deadsnakes-python2.7

to /etc/apt/sources.list (or wherever they've moved it to). I know they've
moved it but is it ok to use /etc/apt/sources.list?