OT: WordPress Approach to Responsive Theming

James Dugger james.dugger at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 19:26:13 MST 2016

Keith,

First I am not a WordPress guru, but WordPress themes live as
sub-directories in wp-content/themes/ (see
https://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development) I would start here and read
this page.  It will give you an overview of the the structure of theming in
WordPress.  Pay particular attention the comment blocks in the stylesheets
(on the guid above) The comment blocks are read by WordPress to similar to
(for themes) how Drupal uses the .info file.

Also look into the use of function.php files.  This is how you add
behaviors to a WordPress site.  In it is were you declare predefined
WordPress hooks (and for plugins) new hooks you have added to the site.
WordPress is a giant event loop (not unlike Drupal)  In fact WordPress core
developers call it "The Loop"  so search the net for that term in context
to your WordPress questions, this may help.

Also the codex  - https://codex.wordpress.org/  is similar to api.drupal.org
 it is were you learn how the php is structured in WordPress.

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 8:43 AM, Keith Smith <techlists at phpcoderusa.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any WordPress theming Gurus out there? I've been trying to determine the
> "WordPress Way" of responsive theming. Is it a framework? Is it home gown
> within WordPress? What is the WordPress Way?
>
> Thanks in advance for your insight!!
>
> --
> Keith Smith

James