compile python

Michael bmike1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 18:57:11 MST 2016

I'm running Kodi and (I guess) the developers have decided that for things
to run correctly you need python 2.7.10 (or so I've heard). That's okay.
I'm going to replace the Pi with a computer that can run Mint. I'll be able
to get 2.7.11 with a ppa. It is a lot bigger than the Pi though! Upsetting
though.... I took everything apart and discovered that I need av cables. I
got the microphone cable but not the speaker cable. I just realized
something! I don't need the mic cable.
Hmmmmmm...
I can't get sound to work. The box is an optiplex755 is the reason it does
not work because I need to have both speakers hooked up rather than just
the one (I only have the video cable plugged in acting as sound. Further,
there is only one output plug but two input. Is that the reason it does not
work?

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 8:43 PM, koder <iscreamkid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> What load are you running on your Pi?
>
> I have the B and it comes loaded with 2.7.3, which is, for all practical
> purposes the same, I would think.
>
> This link addresses the issue in the Ubuntu environment and may be
> informative.
>
> if you are running the early Pi, perhaps yo might want to consider getting
> a second SD chip and experimenting with a newer version of Raspbian, or at
> least give yourself a spare load that you can mess up without grief.
>

> On 04/10/2016 04:34 PM, Michael wrote:
>
> my little raspberry pi needs at the least pyhon2.7.10. If it understood
> what a ppa is this would be a simple matter but as fate would have it I
> need to compile from source. Will doing that screw up anything ?
>
> --