rsync

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Thu Sep 24 23:33:39 MST 2015

In rsync, incremental recursion, refers to memory saving technique where
it starts transferring files while only reading in a subset of the list
of files that will be transferred.
If you use --delete-before rsync will have to know the whole list of
files so it will know what to delete, so naturally incremental recursion
gets turned off because leaving it on conflicts with that you have asked
it to do.

Brian Cluff