Live streaming server

Shawn Badger shawn at badger.pro
Tue Sep 8 19:33:41 MST 2015

Joesph,
The stream can be either encoded mp4 or H.264 so since either of those can
be played in most modern browsers no need to re-encode the video.
The thought is that when the video is needed by the particular internal web
page the server will launch the vpn client to connect to the site then
offer it up as a stream for the viewers. Most of the time it will be only a
couple people for a short duration but it could be as many as 50 for hours
at a time.
Based on that I will look into ffserver since restarting it each time isn't
a big deal.

Thanks