cheap ISP for low-bandwidth use?

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Wed Oct 28 23:42:25 MST 2015

Brian Cluff http://lists.phxlinux.org/lurker/message/20151029.051147.3df0bb14.en.html
> you are mixing your acronyms. You said that they promoted 10 MB down and 2 MB up.

Doh! I stand corrected.

Michael Butash http://lists.phxlinux.org/lurker/message/20151028.061401.686176e5.en.html

Ted Gould http://lists.phxlinux.org/lurker/message/20151029.041753.22fdc107.en.html
>> I think that a better question might be: how would my view of network based services change if I had a 1Gbps link to the Internet?

Or <asbestos suit on/> what network-based services are available, and how are they priced relative to median income, in places where citizens build public infrastructure and regulate ISPs as common carriers (e.g., Japan, South Korea), compared to places where private corporations make most of the decisions (e.g., the US)?

FWIW, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>