What is your system advice?

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Sun Oct 4 14:17:58 MST 2015

The best time to buy is coming up next month.  If you can wait, the week
of Thanksgiving should be a good time to buy and of course there is
Black Friday and all the Christmas sales.  I only buy during back to
school and Thanksgiving forward to Christmas.

You can also subscribe to the weekly sales flyer from Staples and Office
Max / Office Depot.

I've been able to save some cash doing so.

I always buy Dell and have not had any problems running Linux on them.

I've been buying Intel for the past 8 years. AMD is Good, I just like
Intel.

On 2015-10-04 11:21, joe at actionline.com wrote:
> To the Linux Brain Trust:
>
> What is your advice to update my system?
>
> Hard to believe, but my 5-year old system a Lenovo Q150
> nettop with Linux Mint has been running flawlessly 24/7.
> It is never turned off except because of a power outage.
>
> I sudo backup my main files to three laptops, two old
> thinkpads T43 and T60 and a Dell Inspiron model 3542.
>
> While the current setup has been entirely satisfactory,
> I realize that it might not continue to run forever,
> and I would like to get system with 4-GB ram, perhaps
> a faster processor (but with low heat), and one that
> had a built-in battery so it would keep running in the
> event of a power outage.
>
> What would y'all recommend?
>
> PS: Low power consumption, low heat, and perhaps SSDs
> might be pluses, but long-running reliability is #1.
> This old Lenovo net-top has been rock solid, but they
> apparently don't make one with 4-GB ram and internal
> battery.

Keith Smith