Backup ~/Documents

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 05:46:28 MST 2015

I want to backup ~/Documents with rsync. This is what is happening: I
entered the following command:

$  rsync -aWuq --delete-before /home/bmike1/Documents /media/bmike1/USB\
DISK/

and it ran for like 30 seconds and then spit the following lines out:

rsync: rename "/media/bmike1/USB DISK/Documents/.forwardspamto    .ZJNwHr"
-> "Documents/forwardspamto    ": Invalid argument (22)
rsync: mkstemp "/media/bmike1/USB
DISK/Documents/ComputerInstructions/.ForgotPassword?.qun1gW" failed:
Invalid argument (22)
rsync: mkstemp "/media/bmike1/USB
DISK/Documents/Education/.Screenshot-LFS101x.2 Progress | edX - Google
Chrome.png.f4zleb" failed: Invalid argument (22)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors)
(code 23) at main.c(1183) [sender=3.1.0]

Please.... what did it do? Did it back the few files I added or changed
since my initial run of this command or did it barf all over the place?
--