router questions

David Schwartz newsletters at thetoolwiz.com
Sun Nov 8 12:25:09 MST 2015

I’ve just moved and re-established my CenturyLink DSL internet account.

I’ve got a C1000A modem, which hasn’t got very good WiFi in it. (They also sent me a newer one, which is also last-generation tech.)

A few months back I got an ASUS TM-AC1900 router from T-Mobile that supports 1900-AC WiFi, which is good because my MacBook Pro also runs AC WiFi.

I disabled the WiFi in the C1000A and plugged the ASUS modem into it via cable.

The ASUS modem is only used for WiFi, not wired connections, while the C1000A has two devices plugged into the wired connections and the radio is disabled.

Everything is working fine.

My question is this: are there any settings in either of the modems that I can enable or (more likely) disable to improve the through-put with these two devices chained together like this?

-David Schwartz